Back in October Sassy Studio held a Create a Character contest. My suggestion was a Sassy Skater. The first set was released in February and my suggestion wasn't in that release so I didn't think my idea had been chosen. Well I was excited to get the email letting me know that Kim Kutie would be making her debut in the April release. I colored her with Spectrum Noir markers and the paper is from my throwback stash and is making its debut too, LOL! it has to be at least 7 years old.
This image made me think about a song that I use to love back in the day and was always played when we went skating. The song is by Vaughan Mason & Crew and it's called: Bounce, Rock, Skate, Roll.
This image made me think about a song that I use to love back in the day and was always played when we went skating. The song is by Vaughan Mason & Crew and it's called: Bounce, Rock, Skate, Roll.
Give your feet the freedom
Lets bounce today
Rollerskaters one in front
And one behind
Bounce left bounce right
Its disco time
There ain't no stoppin'
Keep on rockin' to the end of the groove
This funky kinda music simply
Makes you wanna move
Rollerskaters one in front and one behind
Bounce left
Go on and
[chorus]
Bounce (mmm)
Rock, skate, (ro-o-ol)
Roll, bounce (gooo-oo-whoa-oo whoa)
Rock, skate (and do your skate)
Roll, bounce (boooounce, oo)
Rock skate, (ro-o-o-o-ol-o-o-o-ol)
Roll, bounce, (yea-a-e-e-ah)(whoa)
Rock, skate, (doin it)
Roll, bounce
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Anything Goes
CES Challenges - Anything Goes
Thanks for stopping by.

13 comments:
Kim, this came out great! Used to love the roller rink in the 80's. Fun papers with her, too. Fab idea for an image and beautifully done card as well!
Wnderful card you made with your skater! =)
Hugs, Elenor
Congrats on your pick! What a cute card! Just enough of a retro feel to work great with the image! HUGS
Congrats! -- a stamp named after you!
What a cute card.
Fabulous image and colouring, and congratulations on having a stamp named after you..
Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’
Luv CHRISSYxx
Too cute! This is one of my favorite SSD images, thanks for the suggestion!
I read over the lyrics. I didn't see the line where you eat floor??? That must just be my version of the song. :)
AWESOME card!!! Love that spunky image.
Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
Lisa xx
a great pink and fab girly card! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Sarah.
Adorable, Kim! Love all the pink with a touch of purple! Fabulous coloring too! I'm so glad you like your Sassy image! Congrats! :)
{hugs}
Regan
So cute! How nice to have a stamp called after you! hugs Sandra
Super cute card Kim!thanks for joining us atDiva's
hugs
laney
Love your image Kim!! She is absolutely ADORABLE and so fun to color up! Thanks so much for sharing and playing along with us at Sweet Stamps Challenge!
This is such a gorgeous card. I love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this month at Bunny Zoe Crafts. Hugs Michele x
Post a Comment