Sunday, July 22, 2012

In Loving Memory....

Omega Psi Phi image by Robert Jackson


Two months ago today, I lost my best friend. Walter was my ex-boyfriend, but we remained friends. We talked at least 4 times a week. On May 22nd, we played phone tag. He called me and I missed his call. I called him back and he missed my call. The reason we were missing calls is because we were on the other line and didn't click over. So he sent an email and I responded. He said he'll call me when I got off work. He called at 6pm I missed the call. I called him back at 6:30pm and he didn't answer. By 7pm he was on his way to the hospital and at 9pm he had passed away.  Needless to say I was devasted when his mother called me with the news.  Even though I haven't talked to him in 2 months, I'm actually still in denial.

This past Saturday I was able to finally get myself together enough to put this page together and put it in a 12x12 frame to take to his mother.  As I was working on it, I cried on it. LOL!

One of the main reasons that I try to post cards every day is because he use to always tell me I need to have a supply of cards. He use to sit with me to motivate me to get the cards done. It's another reason that I've joined several design teams, to get as many cards done as possible. He was a true and loyal friend and I miss him so much.


Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Papercrafting Princess said...

What a lovely keepsake for his mother. Be encouraged. God places people in our lives for a reason. TFS

Scrappin Sista said...

Kim, girl this is such a touching testimony...I am so sad for your loss, I am in tears... this is beautiful and I am sure his mother will appreciate and love you for it. Yes... stay encouraged and continue to bless us with your beautiful card creations and remember your friend is watching over you...
Big Hugs...
Alice B.

Jacki Daniels said...

I am sure his mother will treasure this forever I am so sorry for you loss it is always a massive shock when some one is taken so suddenly from us all I can say from experience is it will get easier in time and I believe that when you are making your cards he will be looking over your shoulder inspiring you for a long time to come
Hugs Jacki xx